SPE EXPERT 1K-FA
1 KW Solid State Fully Automatic Linear Amplifier
- The smallest in the world!
Built-in Power supply and Automatic Antenna Tuner.
Dimension: w 28, h 14, d 32 cm. (11.02” W, 5.51” H, 12.60” D) (connectors included).
Weight: approx. 20 Kg (19 Kg typ.), 44 lbs (41.8 lbs typ.).
- The most technologically advanced in the world!
Two CPUs are used, one of which is dedicated to the transceiver interface requirements (CAT).
Pi-L output circuit.
Over 13000 lines of software for performance that cannot be found in any other amplifier.
- Fully Automatic!
Easy connection with all models "ICOM, YAESU, KENWOOD, TEN-TEC, FlexRadio ELECRAFT" for immediate management of the bands, tuner and antennas.
Same performance with all makes or homemade rigs.
The operator has only to move the "Frequency Tuning Knob" in the transceiver!!!
- Wide frequency coverage
1.8 MHz to 50 MHz including WARC bands.
- Full solid state!
1 KW pep SSB output; 900 W pep CW out (typ.) ; 700 W pep out. (typ.) on 50 MHz.
FULL / HALF power selected according to the operator SSB/CW power requirement, for digital modes and for linear protection (automatic).
No heating time, immediately ready!
Virtually limitless life of the amplification devices (MOSFETs).
- Automatic Antenna Tuner built-in!
Capable of matching 3:1 SWR on HF, and 2.5:1 SWR on 6 meters.
Capable of programmable switching of 4 antennas (SO239 connectors).
Up to two antennas for the same band.
Bands, Antennas, Tuning conditions are changed in 10 msec.
Bands, Antennas and Tuning conditions are managed also in “STBY“ to support the exciter only.
- Two inputs available.
- High power gain (up to 15 dB).
In “OPERATE“ the required drive power is automatically set with an ALC connection and in “STANDBY“ the exciter is then automatically reset to full power.
- Very clean and low distortion output!
Spurious emissions less than -50 dB ( 50 MHz –60 dB ).
3rd order distortion (two tone test) 36 dB typ.
- Input 50 ohm always perfectly matched
SWR less than 1.2:1.
- Fully protected!
Temperature, Over-Voltage, Over-Current, SWR, Reflected Power, Max RF Tuner Voltage, Over-Drive, Amp. The correct parameters are continuously monitored.
The same protection is realized in two different ways:
· Via hardware circuits (HW) to assure great speed.
· Via the software (SW), to assure great accuracy.
Thanks to the SW, transmit relay changeover is carried out with zero current at the contacts.
- Full break-in operation (QSK)!
- Normal / Contest operation to optimize the performances!
- Very quiet operation!
Seven quiet three-speed cooling fans:
· 150 CFM maximum total air flow.
Temperature thresholds for speed change:
· 40 °C (104 °F), 70 °C (158 °F) and 83 °C (181 °F). (normal mode).
· 60 °C (140 *F). and 75 °C (167 °F). (contest mode).
· 39 dBa at maximum blower speed.
- Continuous use
"FULL" mode: SSB unlimited, key down 2 minutes.
"HALF" mode: SSB unlimited, key down 5 minutes.
- Regulated power supply, input 230 / 215 / 200 / 115 / 100 Vac
With all input voltages the output power doesn't change.
A well designed grain-oriented, tape-wound toroidal transformer reduces magnetic fields around the amplifier.
- The linear can be switched ON / OFF also switching ON / OFF the exciter
- With a large LCD display is possible to have a great deal of information
W pep out, V pa, I pa, W pep reflected, Power gain, Temperature, SWR, Input setting, CAT setting, Band and other indications including an alarms log.
- Easy to operate
Powerful SW gives you a user-friendly unit.
- RS 232 port for PC control
SW is supplied to remote the linear front panel.
With a proper protocol it is possible to use this port not only as a remote control but also as a CAT port (useful to link the linear with any customer application).
- Easy transportation!
A sturdy carry-bag is supplied for "QSY, FIELD DAY, DX’ PEDITIONS etc.".
CE, FCC .